Highlighted

Recommendations to replace LOWA hiking boots

Good Morning!

I purchased my LOWA gore-tex hiking boots at REI in Framingham in August 2002.  The foam between the sole and the boot has disintegrated and I would like to replace the boots with the same model, but I'm not sure which model I bought.  The tag was torn out so the only reference is the boot itself. I have photos to help in identifying the specific model. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Recommendations to replace LOWA hiking boots

Hey there @nab496!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! There is at least one model of Lowa that REI has consistently sold, which is the Renegade.

Feel free to upload some pics so that we can take a look and help you decipher if these might be them or another model. In addition, you may have some success finding your purchases by logging into your account here.

Hopefully we can track them down with you! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, and thank you for your help. Can you identify the boot from these pictures?

D84C3E65-E0E5-44C3-A28C-EC0E356E3631.jpeg

F7462E26-DDFC-439F-8236-358099DA3B89.jpeg

6F93501B-EEB9-4F32-8030-CA88E41548EC.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted

@nab496 thanks for the pics!

Even though the coloring is different from what I’ve seen, the look of the boot reminds me of the Renegade! 

It is worth mentioning that boots can change quite a bit over the years so if you’d like some help picking out a replacement while our stores remain closed, take a look at this article  or you may even consider a virtual outfitting appointment!

Hope this helps and you’re in a new pair of boots soon!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@nab496 with a little more investigation, your boots look like the Lowa Klondike GTX Mid Hiking Boots. Unfortunately, this is no longer a boot that we carry (and after a quick online search, it doesn't appear to be available anywhere else either). Two other waterproof Lowa boots you might consider that will offer a similar fit to the Klondike: the Lowa Renegade (full leather) and the Lowa Explorer (fabric/leather outer).

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JenK

Thank you for the additional information!  A sticking point for me was that the Renegade is full leather and my boots are not, it has been so long since I purchased my boots that I assumed the boot had changed over the years. This new information will be very helpful in selecting my new new hiking boots!  Thank you and be safe! 😀

Featured