Highlighted

Recommendation for a Daypack with a Suspended Mesh Back Panel

I'm looking for a day pack with a suspended mesh back for aeration. Can't find any that actually say they have this. Please help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Daypack suspended mesh

@cendicott Thanks for reaching out!

We were able to filter our day pack selection for 'suspended mesh back panel'. You can check out all the options here. If you're interested, here is an Expert Advice article on How to Choose a Backpack that may give you some additional tips for your purchase. Lastly, if you look at the 'technical specs' under 'The nitty gritty' section, that is where it is typically listed as to whether a pack has a suspended mesh back panel.

Hope this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.

I am noticing that most of these backpacks may have mesh and padding to let air through, but I am looking for the suspended mesh only- where there is a little space made by a feature that lifts the pack away from my back. That is my main objective, to have a pack that does this. Can you provide a little more guidance?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cendicott 

Of course! Thank you for the clarification!

It is a bit challenging to narrow down to that feature using our filters on the website so here are a few suggestions with a suspended mesh panel in the style you're looking for:

The best way to see if any other packs fit what you're looking for is to look at the photos of the back panel to make sure.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

+1 for the Osprey line.  I have a Stratos that I use for day hikes, off-trail summits, and weekends to Denver.  It has great features, and even hangs my hydration bladder into the space between the mesh and pack, leaving more room for gear.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@cendicott I own the Gregory Jade 28 and it definitely has the suspended mesh panel in the back that keeps the pack off my back.The Gregory Zulu 30 would be similar. Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @cendicott !

One more vote for the Osprey Stratos. Mine is a 26L top loader that was an REI exclusive a few years ago.  It is my "go to" pack for day hikes.  I also have a Traverse 35, which is very nice, but a bit overkill in volume for most of my day hikes.

The Stratos isn't the lightest option, but it's very functional and durable.  The Stratos is available in a variety of capacities, so look at those options, and, like @OldGuyot mentioned, make sure you get the right torso size.

Good luck and have fun!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Depends what you mean but the REI traverse 35 has a mesh suspension panel.  It is a good pack if you are looking for something on the larger side but pay attention to the sizing. You need to by the right size torso length.  Try the so called  "women's" if the "men's" are too big.    The men's hip belt suits a slimmer build imo.   I'm not sure about the "woman's"

https://www.rei.com/search?q=Traverse+35&pagesize=90

0 Likes
Featured