Highlighted

Please recommend a small daypack with wide shoulder straps.

Hello. I have used an REI Flash 22 backpack for about a year now and for the most part I really like it. It is light and simple and has held up very well with very frequent use. My only minor gripe is that everything from the zippers to the little buckles and things are really small and kind of hard to use—especially if your fingers are a little numb from the cold or sore from riding a bike. But hey, it's a small backpack so not a huge deal.  

The main problem I have is that the shoulder straps on the Flash 22 are rather thin. Sometimes my shoulders get really sore after a couple hours. This is more a problem with my sore shoulders; not really with the design of the backpack as such. As I said before, it's a small backpack.  

Anyway, I am writing to ask for recommendations of other daypacks that are small and light but that have wider, more comfortable shoulder straps? Adult size zippers and buckles would be an extra plus.

Thank you very much for your time and attention.    

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Please recommend a small daypack with wide shoulder straps.

If the website isn't helpful, I recommend going into store and getting an up close and personal view.

Usually, I can browse for what 'I think' I'll like, but then go into the store to look for myself and get fitted.

Another persons recommendation is not going to help me that much, especially if I'm looking for a specific 'feel' from the item.

best of luck

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Highlighted

Re: Please recommend a small daypack with wide shoulder straps.

@bbbird Thanks for reaching out!

We're sorry to hear that your shoulders are hurting from your pack. The REI Flash 22 pack is designed as an ultralight pack, so the features of the pack will be designed with their weight in mind. That is where you will find smaller straps, buckles, and zipper pulls (along with thinner shoulder straps) to help keep the weight down.

We have quite a few options for daypacks in the similar volume of your Flash 22 that will give you more robust straps and may help alleviate shoulder soreness. Take a look at these options:

Hopefully this helps, let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured