Highlighted

Pedometers

I want a simple pedometer to tell me how far I've gone on a hike. How many miles. I don't want an expensive watch. What can you recommend?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Pedometers

Hi @historyfinder , 

We offer this Timex Pedometer that will estimate your total steps and distance. Note that your stride length on a hike will change as you're hiking up or downhill, so the pedometer will provide a less-accurate measurement than a GPS unit.

There are also a wide variety of pedometer and GPS-based tracking apps for a smartphone if you are looking to use devices you might already own.

Happy Trails!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

If you just want to know how far you've walked on a hike, and not just counting your daily steps, I recommend one of the many free backpacking apps which you can download on your phone.

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Highlighted

Have you tried using the Strava app? I use the free level of membership. It does a nice job of tracking distance.

Also, the word "expensive" is subjective, so I don't know at what price level (for you) something goes from affordable to expensive. So, with that in mind, I do wear a Fitbit Versa for tracking steps. I actually got rid of my Apple Watch in favor of the Fitbit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)
0 Likes
Featured