Highlighted

Outdoor Tunes

I know that getting outside is, in many ways, about disconnecting from technology. While I often like to go full-on primitive, there are times where I like to have a soundtrack. My go-to playlist is full of Lord Huron, and I have some fantastically fond memories of some hikes that include some of these tunes. With that said, I'd like to know what your favorite outdoor playlists include? The birds provide some great melodies, but sometimes human voices and instrumentation can be a great accompanying element on an excursion. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes

Re: Outdoor Tunes

Great post, I agree. I especially enjoy music when I'm grinding out road running miles to train. Lately in the AZ summers, I find the weight of a music device more effective than additional water (it weighs less, and it motivates!). 🙂  I'd have to say that I've been listening to a lot of podcasts on long, steady-state runs; Wildfire is a great one, but also many dealing with public land access, and 1A with Joshua Johnson. For music, I've had a lot of Hot Water Music- solid rock with a conscience! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured