Highlighted

Looking for suggestions for a lightweight backpack for a pilgrimage

I need I light backpack for a pilgrimage I am planning it next year. Can someone help me to get the right one. I would like to have it light so around 10-15 when is packet.

i was looking into the brand ospreys. I like the brand a lot but maybe there are other brands i could consider too.

Highlighted

Re: Looking for suggestions for a lightweight backpack for a pilgrimage

The right pack depends to a large extent on the load you will be carrying within it (plus a tiny bit extra for those unexpected items).

Ospry is just one of many good brands.  I have enjoyed many Kelty packs over the years. Right now I am using an REI traverse which is extremely. comfortable.

Fit of the pack is crucial.  Arrange a custom fitting and giv it a spin in the store with the weight you plan to carry.

Use your pack a bit before your planned trip to be sure everything is OK.

Highlighted

Thanks for the response 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Sonny2004 thanks for reaching out for advice on a lightweight backpack for your pilgrimage! This is such a big broad question as there are so many options! First, do you know how much "stuff" you plan to carry in the pack each day? Is any of your gear bulky but lightweight or is most of the gear small? These details will affect the total volume you'll want. Also, fit really matters on the pack, making sure it sits correctly on your shoulders and hips, so it'd be helpful to know a little about the length of your torso!

Because you've had questions on both packs and shoes (and maybe other items too), we'd recommend that you consider setting up a free virtual outfitting appointment to chat through your questions and gear needs for this amazing adventure with one of our employees.

We look forward to hearing back from you with some details so we can provide a few specific pack recommendations!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@Sonny2004 I'm a short dude at around 5'7", so I pay attention to the fit - packs that come in small, medium & large are appreciated. I had a fine medium pack that weighed 3 pounds 4 ounces by Kelty that was great, a lot of room, I think 38L, good support. I wanted something with more volume for larger trips & went for an Osprey Exos 48. It is 48L, with really excellent support, and weighs 2 pounds, 8.8 ounces.

I'm all for packing light, and the added volume with about 3/4 of a pound taken off felt like a success. I haven't tried 'em all, so I can't point you to anything in particular, but I feel like my Osprey was a good choice in terms of weight.

A great place to start would be:  https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/camping-and-hiking/best-ultralight-backpack

Remember for weight that if Dynemma you dont need a rain cover as much...that all counts on ounces 🙂

0 Likes
Featured