Highlighted

Looking for a non-waterproof hiking boot

I do a lot of desert hiking and have no need for a waterproof boot. I find that waterproof boots in the desert are way too hot. My Vasque Breeze non-waterproof boots are finally wearing out after two years. I'd like to buy the same boots, but it appears that Vasque does not make a non-waterproof version anymore. I'm finding it very difficult to do a search for non-waterproof, midlevel hiking boots, as there are no hits when I enter this criteria in a search. Can anyone suggest a quality non-waterproof boot? I have bought Salomon and Vasque in the past.

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Looking for a non-waterproof hiking boot

@chacmool Thanks for reaching out!

We have several good options for you in the non-waterproof category of boots. You didn't mention if you wanted men's or women's, so we'll include both in our suggestions.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I have had similar issues with waterproof boots and trail shoes and finally settled on the Merrell Moab 2 Mid Ventilator Hiking. I still wear more sturdy, waterproof boots in winter, but the Moab 2 Vent Spring through Fall.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks John

I've had the Moab boots before and they are very good. I've noticed Merrell has improved them steadily over the years.

0 Likes
Highlighted

like @John said, the merril moab is pretty good, I use them also...when not using my hoka one one trail runners

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Highlighted

Thanks, I'll check out the Hoka as well

0 Likes
Featured