Highlighted

How far from San Fernando Valley is the next nearest biome?

Hi everyone, first post here.

I've been on all sorts of trails throughout the SFV.  While there are many great and beautiful trails there, the overall types of plants, trees, and environments are generally similar.  Unsurprisingly.

How far would you have to travel to encounter a truly different climate/environment (or whatever the proper technical terminology is), with hiking trails that look like nothing the ones you'd in the San Fernando Valley area?

I'd like to plan a day trip.  Thank you for any advice and I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How far from San Fernando Valley is the next nearest biome?

@Animal_Sentinel Mt Baldy and environs ought to be suitably different.  In Ventura County, the Sespe Wilderness....Basically, change your elevation.  Consdier the Channel islands, as well.

Highlighted

@Animal_Sentinel Mt Baldy and environs ought to be suitably different.  In Ventura County, the Sespe Wilderness....Basically, change your elevation.  Consdier the Channel islands, as well.

Highlighted

@Animal_Sentinel A drive up to the Sequoia national Forest would def give you a different environment. Or death valley. Or out to the coast.

Featured