Highlighted

Hiking shoes/boots for narrow feet

Finding comfortable, well-fitting shoes has always been difficult for me because I have narrow feet with an incredibly narrow heel. Does anyone have a good recommendation for hiking shoes or boots? I prefer to wear shoes/trail runners. I have found that LaSportiva's work well for me usually, but not always. Anyone else find a good shoe for narrow feet?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Hiking shoes/boots for narrow feet

@greengirl I would agree that LaSportiva has a reputation of fitting individuals with a narrower foot.  If you are looking for a trail runner, Salomon also has provided many of my customers with a good fit.  Scarpa would be another brand you might consider. 

In my experience, in addition to picking the right shoe, your lacing technique can really help dial in the perfect fit.  There is a fun website called "Ian's Shoelaces" that provides a ton of tips and tricks for lacing shoes.  They do have a specific section for hikers.  

Happy Trails!!!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I think Salomon are really good for narrow feet.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same problem - very narrow feet and narrow heel.  I've had success with Lowa shoes and boots.  I just bought a pair of Oboz that seem great so far.  Happy hiking.

0 Likes
Featured