Highlighted

Help selecting Mens Hiking Boots

Greetings.  I currently have a pair of Oboz Bridger high cut boots.  They have served me well except my foot has gotten longer and I am up a half size from when I bought these a few years ago.  Since I bought these I have had two foot surgeries on my right foot (the longer foot) and am trying to find something that is more comfortable for my feet.  The Bridgers are okay, but my feet have been getting pretty fatigued in them towards the end of a moderate terrain, 6 mile hike.  I am getting back into hiking after a fairly long layoff and don't plan on doing hugely aggressive hikes on a regular basis, may 2 or 3 a year at best.

I have been researching hiking boots and am more confused than ever.  I see the Solomon Quest GTX come up high in several reviews (not so good in others), and the Hoka One One Skye (again, good in some - not in others).  Both of these are really expensive, but if they do the trick for my feet, I'm willing to go there.

I'm writing to get some thoughts from your perspective.  Let me know if you have any recommendations that you believe will best serve my needs.  Thank you.

John

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Help selecting Mens Hiking Boots

@jmorneau thanks for reaching out! Because you've got some pretty specific foot considerations and it will be difficult to make a really accurate boot recommendation without seeing and knowing more about your feet, we'd highly recommend setting up a free virtual outfitting appointment. These appointments are done virtually by REI employees who have deep product expertise and can ask you lots of questions before making recommendations. We hope this helps - let us know if, in addition, you'd like us to try to make some specific boot recommendations here in the community!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured