Highlighted

first aid cleanse pad with anesthetic on first-aid checklist

Hi. I'm updating my first-aid kit using the checklist at https://www.rei.com/dam/ea_first_aid_checklist_v2.pdf as a guide. I can't seem to find "first aid cleanse pad with anesthetic" as something to purchase at REI or online. Is this meant to mean two separate items (like BZK or alcohol wipes and a separate anesthetic? If not, can you give a link or brand name or something to help find first aid cleanse pads with anesthetic?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: first aid cleanse pad with anesthetic on first-aid checklist

@harveybowen Thanks for reaching out!

I spent a good amount of time trying to track down cleansing pads with anesthetic included and couldn't come up with anything either. It could very well be that there is a shortage at the moment or resources are being diverted to make other medical supplies. You certainly can use two separate items, such as a cleansing wipe and a different anesthetic. A product like Bactine Pain relieving spray or a Lidocaine topical ointment can be added to an alcohol cleansing pad. The recommendation of having the two together allows for you to pack it down smaller in your pack if needed.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured