Highlighted

Favorite unique day hike accessory

Hello friends! I will be headed out on a bunch of day hikes over the next week while I'm on vacation, and I was wondering what special, unexpected, unique, surprising things you like to bring on hikes and why? Looking to fill my daypack properly! Thanks for the tips!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Favorite unique day hike accessory

@MollyG I really like those solar charged lanterns that has a USB port to charge your electronics. 

Sometimes those day hikes can go longer than expected and start to get dark fast. The lantern will help get your way through the dark.

Also, if my phone died and I am missing the most beautiful view or sunset to take a picture, I can charge my phone so I can get that shot to remember. 

I typically strap it to the back of my pack so the sun can charge it while hiking, or keep it on my dashboard in the car while driving.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@MollyG I really like those solar charged lanterns that has a USB port to charge your electronics. 

Sometimes those day hikes can go longer than expected and start to get dark fast. The lantern will help get your way through the dark.

Also, if my phone died and I am missing the most beautiful view or sunset to take a picture, I can charge my phone so I can get that shot to remember. 

I typically strap it to the back of my pack so the sun can charge it while hiking, or keep it on my dashboard in the car while driving.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

So smart! If I'm going to be getting sweaty in the sun I may as well get some free electricity out of the deal. Thanks for the good idea!

Highlighted

An inflatable pillow to use an a seat cushion. It takes very little space and provides good cushioning to sit down on during your lunch break. I have a klymit pillow I use and it’s great, hasn’t popped and hold well.

Highlighted

If you'll have some extra time to relax somewhere scenic, a small lightweight packable hammock could be fun!  

Featured