Highlighted

Considering replacing an old Keen boot with a Salomon, what size should I get?

Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing an eight year-old pair of Keen Targhee IIs with the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid. If I wear a 10.5 in the Keens, what size should I order the Salomons in?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@BuffaloDanger Thanks for reaching out!

While it is hard to know the specifics of your foot, we would recommend sizing up at least a half size in the Salomon boot and consider going with a wide model. Keens are known for the room in their toe box, so if that is something you appreciate in your Targhees then you'll likely need a wide in the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mids. 

Additionally, we recommend considering setting up a free virtual outfitting session with one of our footwear experts to talk in depth about any specific needs you may have. Eight years is a long time to own a pair of boots (which is great!), it is likely they have broken in quite well over the years and your foot size may have changed too. 

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@BuffaloDanger Thanks for reaching out!

While it is hard to know the specifics of your foot, we would recommend sizing up at least a half size in the Salomon boot and consider going with a wide model. Keens are known for the room in their toe box, so if that is something you appreciate in your Targhees then you'll likely need a wide in the Salomon X Ultra 3 Mids. 

Additionally, we recommend considering setting up a free virtual outfitting session with one of our footwear experts to talk in depth about any specific needs you may have. Eight years is a long time to own a pair of boots (which is great!), it is likely they have broken in quite well over the years and your foot size may have changed too. 

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured