Pine Creek Trail Map

Hello, 

I'm heading into Bishop this weekend to Mt. Royce. I wanted to get a better idea of what the trail might look like, just for safety precautions. I wanted to get a map at REI for Pine Creek Trail, but I'm not sure what map that would be, since we can't go in the store to look at the maps. Does anyone know the name of the map? Would really appreciate this, thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Pine Creek Trail Map

@Suzannc21 so we don't make assumptions, and so we can try to connect you with someone who will have an answer, are you headed to Pine Creek Trail near Royce Lakes in the Inyo National Forest? Turns out there are lots of "Pine Creek Trails" around the country!

Also, most of our stores are now open for in-store shopping, so it's likely you'd be able to stop in to your closest REI store and chat with an employee/browse maps there.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JenK 

Hello! Thank you so much! I apologize for not being clear! 
yes that is trail that I am headed into on Friday. Is there a specific map that has that trail, that so can get at REI? 
I called in the San Fransisco store and they mentioned they are only available for pick up and no shopping in the store. They couldn’t help me with my question and the moment and suggested to try to this platform instead. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Google  Earth is your friend for this situation.  It will actually provide you with more useful information than the topo map itself.

All trails look pretty much the same on maps - a dashed line with a beginning and an end.  You can determine elevation gain and loss, but very little as to the condition of the trail, how easy it is to follow, etc.  A good trail guide for the area might be helpful, also.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, @Suzannc21 
If you meant Royce Peak, I'd recommend either the National Geographic Mammoth Lakes/Mono Divide map (SKU 777-009-0012) or the Tom Harrison Sierra National Forest map (SKU 863-384-0001). Both have Pine Creek Trail, but the Harrison version has your area of interest right at the edge of the map, so the National Geographic Trails Illustrated might be a better choice...but I'll leave that decision up to you. 
Good luck and happy hiking!

David

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Suzannc21 

We wanted to circle back with you and make sure you saw the suggestion for these two maps:

It looks like they are both in stock at the San Francisco, CA store and are available for curbside pickup.

Hopefully this helps and you have a great trip this weekend!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category