Highlighted

What sport do you do and why?!

What sport do you do and why do you do it? Have you done it since childhood or did you have a sudden want to try something new?

Highlighted

Re: What sport do you do and why?!

@Serenity_Luna It's funny - I just had this conversation with my son this evening and I realized that I don't know if I actually participate in any sports anymore.

I hike... I do a lot of walking... but I consider those more of an activity than a sport.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Between every two pine trees there is a door leading to a new way of life.” (John Muir)
Highlighted

That is funny ... hiking and walking is hard, exhausting and fun!

You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong. Sue Fitzmaurice

Highlighted

Hi @Serenity_Luna !  Good question, and, I'm surprised you haven't gotten more responses yet.

So, I participate in several sports, a couple of which have been curtailed by Covid.  Below is a list, in no particular order.

• Flag-football - pre-Covid - local rec league - was playing every Saturday morning, spring and fall seasons
  • Volleyball - pre-Covid - local rec league - was playing 2X per week, year-round, both indoor and outdoor
  • Disc golf - ongoing - whenever I get the urge and the time.  Play alone and with friends 
  • Hiking - ongoing - Try to do a day hike of 5-15 miles every weekend, some shorter hikes occasionally after work, year-round
  • Biking - ongoing - Try to do a ride of at least 15 miles every weekend, usually longer, with occasional weeknights and some destination trips.  Spring, summer, and fall.  Mostly on Rail Trails
  • Pub Trivia - can this be considered a sport?

I have done some combination of these sports since I was a kid, but have made it more of a "lifestyle" throughout my adulthood.  I do it for fun, for the socialization, and for the exercise. And, it's funny, you'd think that with all this activity, I'd look like an athlete, but, no, I have the typical "Dad-Bod".  I guess that's due to the cold, frosty beverages enjoyed at the conclusion of each activity.  🍻

0 Likes
Highlighted

I forgot to add kayaking!  Which I've been doing about 10 years.

Oh i love kayaking!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Serenity_Luna  Me too 🤣🤗🛶

Highlighted

All of the things sound so fun, the outdoors are such a fun thing to experience.

i wish COVID-19 didn’t effect sports and everyone’s lifestyle.

cheers! 🍻

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Serenity_Luna Awesome question! Yeah, if pool or ping-pong count, for sure those.

In terms of getting moving, kayaking, cycling & skiing are my big ones! Balance & motion - I think those two are the closest I've felt to flying. There's almost a sense of grace to them, unless there's any sudden misfortune - no grace in impact. If hiking counts, I'll add that on here, for sure. I've played a little disc-golf here & there and've loved it!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Pool and ping pong and hiking count for me! 
“ Flying” is one of the best feelings ever skiing is so fun.

Featured