Highlighted

What's your favorite thing about Summer?

Every season has something special about it, making me excited for change.  Summer has always held a special place in my heart.  I have always loved days spent on the water.  Days and nights spent camping.  Cooking and eating outside.  Long days when the sun sets at 9pm.  Seeing lightning bugs paint the night sky.  And last but not least, the smell of citronella and sunscreen.  

What are your favorite things about Summer?

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: What's your favorite thing about Summer?

Easier walking

warm(er) nights

easier stream crossings (I know, it's all relative, but the water is not as icy)

Longer times spent around the campfire with friends, not rushing to get inside a warm sleeping bag!

A big one - LIGHTER PACKS!

water doesn't freeze in your water bottles

you don't need to keep your water purifier warm

you don't need to take off your gloves to do anything!

boots aren't hard and frozen in the morning!

you don't need to warm up your fuel canister to eat!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Highlighted

The best thing about summer is that autumn is not fr behind.  That means cooler weather, with no afternoon thunderstorms, calmer seas, and more mellow conditions generally.  The vegetation shows color and the days are still reasonably long.

Actually I like all the seasons.  Each has its challenges and opportunities.

Highlighted

Hi @REI-ShannonO .  Like you,I enjoy something about each season, but summer is my overall favorite.  Some of the things that make that so are:

Longer daylight meaning more time after work to do stuff outside.

More variety of activities available to me that I shy away from in the cold: Kayaking, bicycling, disc golf

Open windows letting the fresh and fragrant air into my house.

And, this may seem silly, but, being able to get out of bed and just quickly slip on a pair of shorts and flip-flops to take my dog out as opposed to leaving the warm & cozy bed and layering up before braving the cold first thing.

Featured