Highlighted

Seeking gift ideas for our newly built camping trailer!

My husband has been building our own camping trailer with tent on top, cooking amenities, etc. over our COVID break and we are ready to hit the road. With Father's Day coming up, I’m looking for ideas for a useful gift I can contribute. We haven’t camped in tents in about 20 years, so new gadgets are not on my radar. Any suggestions for a tool or accessory that you have found to be helpful is appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Seeking gift ideas for our newly built camping trailer!

Hey there @Franmom!

What a fun project! Take a look at our gift guide for a little inspiration!

Black Diamond headlamp would be a useful and practical gift! You could also add some ambiance to any camp out with the Luci solar powered string lights. Lastly, you can’t go wrong with nice camp chairs! The Nemo Stargaze Recliner is my favorite!

Hope this is helpful and enjoy your new trailer!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

@Franmom Thank you for being a part of our community!

This sounds like such a great project, we'd love to see some pictures! I have a roof top tent as well, and it's a dream of mine to get it on a trailer for some extended adventures with my family. Here are some ideas I have to piggy back on @REI-AlyS's great ideas:

Hopefully this helps give you some more ideas for your camping adventures. We'd love to see some photos of your trailer!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Honestly one really cheap item that really added to the luxury factor of our set up, is a easily stowable door mat. Sounds weird, but it makes a difference. 

Solar panels and all that rock but if you want to cheap out a little bit, a simple ANker battery bank will keep you afloat for a while too. I depend on mine. 

Post pics of your set up!

- I'm the best at being me when I'm outside
Featured