Highlighted

Is Gore-Tex Expensive, how to identify the counterfeit one ?

Obviously we all knows Gore-Tex jacket were expensive, but recently i found an extremely cheap jacket (less than $25) and claimed to use Gore-Tex 3 Layers fabric. Is it possible ? or just counterfeit product. And how to identify the original one ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is Gore-Tex Expensive, how to identify the counterfeit one ?

First, there's far more to the design and construction of a jacket than just the materials.  So even if the jacket used genuine Gore-Tex material, I'd be suspicious of overall quality in such an inexpensive product.

Second, not only does fake Gore-Tex exist, but so do fake name branded clothes. So even if you buy a well-known name branded that used genuine Gore-Tex material, the garment itself could be fake.

Probably the most reliable way to avoid fakes is to buy from reputable retailers.

Another suggestion is to use Google Search on the specific make of clothing along with the keyword "fake." There are many results, articles, videos, etc. that will help you distinguish fakes from the genuine article. 

Finally, W L Gore Corp, the maker of Gore-Tex offers to help identify if specific items are genuine.

See: HOW CAN I BE SURE I'M BUYING A GENUINE GORE-TEX PRODUCT OR GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ PRODUCT?
Counterfeit products are common and may appear to be just like our own. However, we cannot say if th...

...Wanderer
0 Likes
Featured