Highlighted

In these uncertain times, what questions can REI help answer?

Many of us at the co-op, and likely lots of you in this community, have experienced the outdoors as a refuge, a place to go to clear our heads, a way to escape the craziness of everyday life. So, in uncertain times like we're currently facing, here at the co-op we are wondering how we can support you, our community of outdoor enthusiasts. Knowing that there are limits to what any one person, or any single company, can do in a moment like this, maybe there is some helpful content we could provide? Like:

• If you have been asked/required to work from home, can we help by providing suggestions on how to stay active in this new routine? 
  • If your kids' schools are suddenly closed, can we help by offering ideas on how to keep them active and entertained?
  • If you want to be outside but aren't sure what you can do while adhering to public distancing, can we help by highlighting lesser-known places to go/things to do in your area?

These are just a few ideas we had, but we'd really like to hear from you on what you need from us (that, ideally, you think we're able to provide). Thanks, in advance!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: In these uncertain times, what questions can REI help answer?

Of course the worst part of this new virus is the loss of life, but as I run errands and pack for my camping trip I am seeing more and more businesses struggle. This economic death is second in my concern during these uncertain times.  It would be nice if REI could have a fresh welcoming webpage reminding us of all the things we CAN still do.  Trees, oceans, lakes, and snowy mountains can't give us COVID-19.  We might want to drink more water, wash our hands more often, and get enough sleep, but after that getting outside and having fun is maybe even more essential now. I turn on the news and it's really depressing. If I turn to REI (store & online) it would be nice to see how they are "making lemonade".  As spring time brings us more blue skies and warmer days there is a stronger eagerness to get out and explore.  Thank you for opening up communication on this topic.  I think your 3rd bullet point would be a great question for each store to try to answer. 

Elizabeth Landau, Member since 2006

Featured