Highlighted

Camping in North Carolina

Have you ever been camping in hanging rock state park - is there anything I need to know?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Camping in North Carolina

@barnetjb thanks for reaching out! I lived in Greensboro, NC for a couple of years and spend a lot of time at Hanging Rock State Park. Most of the time I took day trips, however, I did camp in the park a couple of times. 

For the most part, camping in Hanging Rock State Park is pretty straightforward. You can make reservations online, through the North Carolina Parks site. In addition to individual sites, there are 5 large group sites. 

The one thing to note is that the front gate of the park is closed and locked at night. There is no entering or exiting permitted during this time. All visitors not spending the night will need to be out prior to closing and, in addition, if you leave the park and are not back by this time, you will not be able to re-enter. Additional details and park hours can be found here.  

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Camping in North Carolina

I used to camp there on weekends, but it was a long time ago.  Really enjoyed it, very beautiful views from up on top.  That was where I got my introduction to rock climbing!

(I know, not very helpful)

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Featured