cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
COVID-19 UPDATE. REI stores are temporarily closed. Learn more about orders or returns. Free U.S. standard shipping during this time. Details

Working from home? How do you add fresh air and fitness to your routine?

Many of us are adjusting to new schedules that include working from home, and it can be difficult to step away from your inbox to prioritize getting outside. So let's try to help each other - please share any and all ways in which you are including the outdoors in a work-from-home routine!

And if you're in need of some ideas, check out this new blog in the Co-op Journal!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Working from home? How do you add fresh air and fitness to your routine?

I set up my camping chairs/table up out on the deck and eat lunch outside when the weather permits. It's kind of like having a little picnic every day, and I get to make sure my camping gear is working for when I finally get to use it "for real"!

Highlighted

Working from home has been OK for me.  It actually gives me a lot more flexibility in how I  schedule my day.  I go for a run or a ride every day, even before the virus, but now I can fit those things in to take advantage of weather opportunities.

There is also a National Wildlife Refuge where I sometimes run.  This time of year is prime for bird migrations.  I take a small "Monocular" in case something special appears.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
Highlighted

I have a simple routing while at home, some pushups (can do anywhere, anytime), some dumbbells by my chair (in my office), a walking treadmill up on blocks to elevate to a 17degree incline for hill training and heart rate elevation and daily walks, when it's not raining, because that's not fun, but forces me to use the treadmill, which is in front of a 60" flatscreen.

But still waiting for my industrial bottle of Motivation from REI since all my spring/early summer hikes have be cancelled. (sigh)

DSC04181.JPGDSC04180.JPG

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Highlighted

My Labrador makes sure I walk or play with him outside at least 3 or 4 times a day. We take a long walk first thing in the morning and again in the late afternoon/evening. It clears my mind and helps  my dog too. I also be sure to stretch first thing in the morning, do stomach curls and modified planks to warm up. I feed the birds and monitor the returning bird migration as the new species arrive. They are all early this year.

Highlighted

@JZ2 any chance we can see a picture of this pup?!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.