Highlighted

Re: Working from home? How do you add fresh air and fitness to your routine?

@Jenlove Thanks for sharing a photo of Remy!

Remy is a very handsome gentleman indeed. He also has the honor of being the first horse photo in our community. Tell him congratulations from us!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

@Jenlove I found a 30-day "yoga challenge" on YouTube where each session is ~10 minutes and includes a daily affirmation. It's definitely worked for me!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi JenK! Do you have that link? That sounds perfect:) love the daily affirmation aspect too. We totally need that these days more than ever. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Jenlove here's the daily yoga challenge I've been doing (although I know there are other great ones out there that others have mentioned as well)!

0 Likes
Highlighted

With less time for commuting I have more time to take my dog for a run in the morning, as well as to the mailbox (.75 mi) every afternoon with I need a break. Plus, with my reduction in hours, I've been working hard on putting in a garden which means 2+ hours a day of shoveling, building, moving, etc. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@ununderstood that's a good distance to/from your mailbox! Thanks for sharing what you're up to - I know I certainly appreciate hearing the modifications others are making as ways to inspire change in my own daily routines!

0 Likes
Highlighted

My wife and I eat lunch on our patio (weather permitting), which is a nice way to get some fresh air. I also try to go for runs in the morning on alternating days and walks on the others to just get outside.

As far as keeping fitness in my routine, I like to "pay the gatekeeper." Anytime I enter or leave the room I'm in I do some fixed amount of an exercise and I change the exercise each day. Maybe it's 10 pushups one day and 5 pullups the next. It is a nice way to sprinkle in motion during the day!

Highlighted

@adulaney That's fun! A fitness trainer friend of mine posted a 'jailhouse' workout where you run from one corner of the room to the next, doing squats at each one, starting with 25 squats-- run to the next corner-- 24 squats... It's a good way to get your heart rate up (and quickly observe all the dusting/vacuuming you need to do at some point). 

Highlighted

@adulaney love the idea of doing a different exercise every time you leave a room! I was inspired by something similar - an exercise "chart" where each letter of the alphabet corresponds to a different exercise (push-ups, squats, lunges, etc.) and each day you randomly pick a new word...we're all getting creative!

Featured
Top liked members