Highlighted

Multi sport events

My brother lives in France and has done what they call "raids", multi-sport endurance events, which combine paddling, running, cycling, etc. all in one.

I just love the idea. What are your recommendations for multi-sport events/activities (not triathlons, those are easily found) in North America? It can be anything from an organized thing to a bike/pack rafting trip you took. Any combination of outdoor sports is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Multi sport events

@WeAdventure this is my favorite way to spend my time off! REI Adventures offers multi-sport vacations and travel around North America and the globe that is organized and impecably planned. These are great! Beyond planned and organized trips, I tend to spend a lot of my weekends creating one or two day adventures on my own too. Whenever I have a day or two off without plans, I like to choose 2-3 in season activities and create my own adventure. I call them 'personal adventure retreats', but that is just me being silly. Usually I start my day with energizing yoga and end it with a yin practice. In the middle I like to throw in one of two of the following: paddleboarding, kayaking, swimming, riding my bike, hiking or attempting to surf. I always throw in a delicious homemade meal too (that's my favorite part haha). I'd say pick your three favorite activities and plan your route. Invite a friend if that's your thing but don't feel obligated, my solo weekends are some of the best. Another way to do this is add a sport on to single activities you already have planned, such as a light bike ride after a hike or stopping for yoga midway through a backpacking trip. The possibilities are endess. I hope you have fun combining adventure activities this summer! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Multi sport events

Take a look at most ski resorts.  They usually have a multi sport event each year.  For example Breckenridge has an event the includes road biking, cross country skiing and downhill skiing.

Featured
Top liked members