Highlighted

Maintaining fitness during treatment for Lyme

I've been in treatment for the last 1.5 years and have lost much of my strength and endurance, but not my determination to get back to doing the things I love to do outside. Does anyone have experience with the slow road back? I've been trying various activities, but unfailingly wind up doing too much too fast. I know that exercise is critical to boosting the immune system so that it can eventually keep Lyme in check. Is there any particular activity or strategy that's worked for anyone? So many of the discussions online about dealing with Lyme are negative -- I'd like to try to gather some collective positive inspiration here. Thank you in advance for sharing!

Highlighted

Re: Maintaining fitness during treatment for Lyme

@Lilabiene,

Thank you for sharing! I wish I had some knowledge or experience to share with you to help but I can only offer my encouragement and well wishes. I think you are on the right track with your positive attitude and determination. It is really great that you have a goal of getting back to doing the things you love outside. Keep surrounding yourself with positive thoughts and uplifting people. You're an inspiration!

John

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Maintaining fitness during treatment for Lyme

Perhaps paddle sports would be a good way to go - kayaking and SUP?  They allow you to enjoy the peace and wonder of the outdoors, while maintining control of how hard you work.  If you get tired - you can enjoy floating 🙂  Bring binoculars and maybe do some bird watching, too.  I wish you the best!

Featured
Top liked members