Highlighted

Looking for Walking Shoes

Hello! I am looking for a good pair of walking shoes (mostly for pavement). I have a pair of Altra trail shoes, which I use for hiking during warmer weather and love the natural shape & zero drop features.

Thanks for any and all help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Looking for Walking Shoes

Hi @LivBooth and thanks for saying hello! You're making this super easy, I think... If you love your Altra trail shoes, I would look at their road running models for walking on pavement.

You didn't mention if you were looking for men's or women's models, so I'm including links to women's models, but most come in both fits. So here are a couple of options for urban walking from the good folks at Altra:

The Escalante 2 is a very popular model with our customers. It's lightweight and tends to fit a lot of feet well.

The Torin 4 is a cushier ride than the Escalante. I would call it a medium cushion in Astra's line.

The Paradigm 4.5 is the big cushion model! It has a plush ride. Some people love the feel, others want a shoe that's more "responsive".

If you want to try something other than an Altra, let us know and we can provide some more recommendations!

Have fun out there!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations, I am looking for women's shoes (sorry for leaving that off)!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Also, the Altra shoes are listed as running shoes, can we use them for walking or will the support/structure be different if they are designed for running?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@LivBooth yes, you can definitely use the Altra "running" shoes for walking!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@LivBooth in addition to the awesome options from @REI-EricP, we are also offering free virtual outfitting appointments - you can sign up for a time that's convenient for you, chat with one of our employees about your feet, and get personalized recommendations for walking shoes!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you! I will definitely look into that!

Featured