Highlighted

Looking for recommendations on sturdy yet comfortable walking shoes

I go out and walk for at least a 5-mile walk on concrete every day, and put in at least 10,000 to 15,000 steps each day and I need a shoe that is going to give me the comfort, cushion, and the support that I need to keep my feet comfortable, supported, but also keep up with me. I have been wearing Brooks but am thinking about changing brands. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Looking for recommendations on sturdy yet comfortable walking shoes

I have the exact same training routine and recently switched to https://www.rei.com/product/143941/hoka-one-one-challenger-atr-5-trail-running-shoes-mens to save the soles of my backpacking hokas. I feel like I’m walking on clouds! They’re certainly saving my knees, shins, etc etc

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Sun_Seeker thanks for reaching out! We have a number of community members who will avidly recommend the Hoka One One shoes (and boots and sandals!), as you heard from @Philreedshikes already! Hoka is definitely known for their cushion, so this might be a good brand to try on and ensure it fits your feet well.

Because you are walking on concrete, we definitely recommend a road running shoe, as the cushion, lack of lugs, and rubber density are designed with the hard yet even surface in mind. Typically, if Brooks have fit you well, you might also consider Asics.

Finally, footwear fit is really important, really personal, and pretty hard to perfect online. We highly recommend either setting up a virtual outfitting appointment or visiting your local REI store to get help with a personalized fit!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Sun_Seeker You might consider walking on a different surface.  When running, I could detect a noticeable difference between an asphalt and concrete surface;  typical bare ground was even better.  Concrete is bad news

0 Likes
Highlighted

Go for training or running shoes nike, adidas, or something else that has a comfortable feel on your feet is enough.

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members