cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
COVID-19 UPDATE. REI stores are temporarily closed. Learn more about orders or returns. Free U.S. standard shipping during this time. Details

Looking for advice on a Gamin smartwatch.

Hi, everyone I am super adventurous and am looking to buy a Smartwatch to be able to track my fitness and other things while traveling and having adventures. I have researched a little bit and saw that Garmin GPS watches are pretty good. Does anyone have any suggestions for an excellent smartwatch? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Looking for smartwatch

Hi there.  Great question!  A smartwatch is a great way to enhance your adventures, track your fitness, and stay connected throughout the day.  Garmin has some excellent options and certainly a lot, which can make it very hard to choose.  Without knowing more of your priorities for a watch, here are some good, general recommendations. 

Garmin's Vivoactive Series is a great, all-around smartwatch.  Its ideal for general fitness, hiking, travel, etc.  It has some really cool features like Pulse Ox, Body Battery, and has apps for yoga, running, swimming, etc.  You can even store music on it and use Garmin Pay.  Its a pretty feature packed watch!

If you want a little more in terms of analytics and features for training, multi-sport, navigation, etc, you might want to explore the Fenix Series . These watches are more rugged and much more feature rich.  Not only are they designed for multisport activities (triathlons, etc) they also have features like enhanced navigation and topo maps.  You can also use Garmin's LiveTrack feature, do interval training, and generally get a TON of training metrics. 

I hope this helps.  If you have more questions about certain features, let us know. 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Looking for advice on a Gamin smartwatch.

Hi @mtadventurer .

I'm not an REI employee but agree with @REI-ToddC .  I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR that's a few years old, but is still going strong.  It's GPS enabled, and the Garmin Connect App is awesome.  I use it not only to track my daily activity, but my hikes and bike rides as well.  It tracks mileage, elevation gain, speed traveled, etc. In "bike" mode it displays speed in real time. And, it's waterproof.

IMHO, you can't go wrong with any Garmin model, depending on the features you find most important, and your budget. 

0 Likes