Highlighted

Choosing a hydration pack

I am looking for a small hydration pack that will carry maybe a small lunch and room for a small sweatshirt. I would like some recommendations. I would prefer to limit how much I spend. Hard to see online regarding the space to carry a few items.

Thank  you,
Gale 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Choosing a hydration pack

Hi there @Gale!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question!

There are a few considerations when choosing the right hydration pack. Capacity is definitely a good place to start. I know you mentioned packing a sweatshirt and a lunch but you also should consider how much water you will need for your activity. This piece of information can help us guide you better. Also, will you be using the pack for a day hike or for other purposes like cycling or running?

Here is a great article that can guide you in your decision. It has some great suggestions on both gear capacity as well as the pack reservoir capacity. In addition, the article discusses fit! Even with a smaller day pack, proper fit should not be overlooked!

Hope this info gets you headed in the right direction and enjoying your time outside!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I guess you got the right product suggestion from the community moderator.
Anyway, take a look at this product Hydro Flask Journey Series 10 Hydration Pack - 3 Liters. Hope it might help you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have had an Osprey Raptor 10 for the last seven years. It can carry 3 liters of water and has room for lunch and a sweater, etc. I wear it often for short hikes and also for trail-running in  winter. It's a great pack. I have had no issues with it at all.

“But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before.”― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huck Finn
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members