Highlighted

Best sunscreen

What’s the best sunscreen? I’m very fair and burn very easily. I would prefer to use one that’s reef safe. 

Highlighted

Re: Best sunscreen

@KerryOT - My personal favorite is SunBum! It's reef safe, smells amazing, and easy to apply! 

Thinksport, Badger, All Good, and Raw Elements are also some great reef safe sunscreens!

Here's a link to an Expert Advice article with really great information on sunscreens: Sunscreen

Hope you find a chance to get outside today!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Consumer reports just did a big story on sunscreens, it is worth a read. Trader Joe's spf 50 was rated the best spray while while coppertone ultra guard spf 70 was one of the better lotions and inexpensive, relatively speaking. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm not sure if this one is reef-safe but I use the Nivea Sun Protect Super Water Gel SPF 50 from Japan and it works well for sensitive skin. I use it for my face and body everyday and it does not stain my clothes or make me break out in a rash. I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Personal care items tend to be subjective, and it's hard to say "best."  For sensitive or fair skin, I would look into sunscreen for babies.  I used Target store brand Up&Up Sports SPF 35 when I was in Phoenix last week (desert summer), and I re-applied it often, couple of times an hour.

Highlighted

You beat me to the sunscreen question!  I currently use SunBum and am very happy with the product.  I just found out that they make a chapstick with SPF 30, so I will be trying that out as soon as I can get my hands on some.  I am curious to hear what brands other people are using.

Highlighted

Another for Sun Bum! 

I love the face sticks too! Less mess and cleaner for the face. I have both the regular and the zinc stick and I love them both! The zinc needs a little rubbing in of course 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I use Blue Lizard Sport.  It's an Australian Sunscreen at SPF 30+. It contains Zinc Oxide formula that's very water resistant. The cap turns bluer the more its exposed to the sun. It doesn't leave a whiteness on your skin. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I love Zealios (https://teamzealios.com/) for their sunscreen - lasts forever - and also for their hair care products. I live in the Philippines and swim a lot and this sunscreen has been awesome to save me from the sun. 

Highlighted

I’m a big fan of Supergoop, especially the Mousse! No Oxybenzone. 

0 Likes