Asphalt or Fitness rubber tips for my Jannu Leki Trek poles

Hi There...

I bought some trekking poles at your Oregon store last year. I bought the round rubber tips at the time. I want to use the Lekki asphalt or fitness (L-shaped) rubber tips. However, I read somewhere that i'm not supposed to do use them with trekking poles?  I'm walking pretty much exclusively on residential and business sidewalks and pavement.  I thought the L-shape would give me some good push off.  What would you recommend? Do you know about this topic?  Thanks.

Minnie M. Oregon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Asphalt or Fitness rubber tips for my Jannu Leki Trek poles

@Minnie Thanks for reaching out!

If you are asking about the Leki Fitness Walking Tips, with their sloping rubber pad on the bottom, then you are correct that they are designed for use with Leki Nordic Walking poles. Based on what we can tell from some of the reviews of the fitness walking tips, they will fit on your trekking poles but there is some movement in the tips when you put pressure on them. If you'd like to look at a pair of Leki Nordic Walking poles you can check out the Leki Traveller Carbon Poles.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Minnie I have been using the Leki tips recently  with great satisfaction, primarily on solid surfaces.  Good gadgets.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

@hikermor

Thanks for weighing in! Can I ask: what kind of poles are you using them with? Leki's website says they're only compatible with their Nordic Walking poles, however, some of the user reviews seem to indicate otherwise. Hoping you could provide some clarity here, thanks!

@Minnie 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JohnJ Sure thing.  I have fitted them on a Mountainsmity trekking pole (purchased as a single item late last year from REI at a sale price).  They slipped right on with no problem.  I fitted the other one ona a Chouinard Equipment Alpine Probe (vintage late 60s  or thereabouts). I shimmed the tip with a round of electrical tape with a turn of electrical tape and it wanders around a bit but stays firmly attached. Probably needs another layer.

I like these a lot - nice and cushy and on most surfaces, preferable to the pointy carbide tip.  They are easily removed if necessary.

One question.  I purchased these in the Oxnard store a while back and I am assuming these are Leki's.  Was there ever another similar product?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@hikermor

Thanks for following up with some more detail! @Minnie it sounds like it is definitely possible to use these with your trekking poles, it just may take a little modification with some electrical tape or something similar. If you're willing to do that then you should be good to go!

Based on what I could see, it looks like Leki is the only brand we have carried with this style of sloping rubber tip. Which makes sense, as they are technically designed that way for Nordic Walking, which is a popular 'off season' activity in Germany, where Leki is based.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members