Highlighted

Praise for REI

I just wanted to praise REI in their forward thinking of taking the monumental step of closing there stores in an effort to flatten the curve of the coronavirus.  I have appreciated REI in the past for their education, products and style in my outdoor endeavors, but putting their bottom line, at the bottom and placing the health and welfare of their employees and customers first, is simply above and beyond.  I Praise You REI.  You will have my business for many years to come!

Re: Praise for REI

@RWriter 

Thank you for your kind words. It is a challenging time for all, but we are confident we are taking the right steps. Your support means the world to us! 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

We recently received our REI member dividend. We're wondering if REI has supplies that hospitals can use now that they are running our of Personal Protective Equipment, like masks or goggles. We'd consider donating some of our dividend toward the purchase of those supplies.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I second that!!!!

Highlighted

I agree heartily with RWriter.  REI turns a profit, while rewarding customer loyalty and enhancing the environmeent,all of whichis enlightened self-interest, leading to a win-win for all concerned.

You sometimes hear complaints about how big REi is.  Well, REi hasn't a;ways been so big.  It started with 17 members or so in  garage (or something like that - please correct if necessary).  It has grown because of smart, heads up policies that work for all concerned.

Highlighted

@hikermor You were close!

It was 23 original members and an attic, but I think you captured the spirit!

If you ever get the chance to read "REI: 50 Years of Climbing Together," I highly recommend it! It's out of print now, but you can sometimes find a copy online. It's a great read.

REIbook.jpg 

Highlighted

REI has done a brilliant job of protecting its employees and deserves our kudos!! Hopefully, as we are 1/2 way through April, they will soon pivot to combine online ordering with curbside pickup.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Gerry thank you SO much for these kind words. Our number one priority throughout has been ensuring the health and safety of our employees and customers, particularly in any new process we roll out. In case you haven't heard, we do have work underway to offer curbside pick-up, noting that, at first, we will likely only be able to offer this service in select locations as jurisdictions allow. In addition, it is likely that the first version of this service will likely only include curbside pick-up, not curbside returns. More to come, and again, thank you!

Highlighted

@REI-JenK, Thanks for the info! It is quite welcomed in these crazy times! The closer we get to something that resembles our life before the pandemic - the better. Cheers!

0 Likes
Featured
Other boards in this category
Top liked members