Highlighted

Best Campsites Near Aspen

Having taken my 50# mixed breed dog to the Maroon Bells for three nights last summer I am interested in returning to the area later this month.

Does anyone have any beta or feedback on camping with a dog within 20 miles of Aspen?

Thanks for your input!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Best Campsites Near Aspen

@ClimbEveryMount Hint: look along Independence Pass 10-15 miles before town

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Best Campsites Near Aspen

@ClimbEveryMount Camping near Aspen?  That's like asking Where can I fish in the Florida Keys?

I just peeked at the Caltopo.com Mapbuildertopo overlay (https://caltopo.com/m/KJ9G) from my last Maroon Bells 4 Pass Loop trip (3 times, love that route!), because I was too lazy to walk across my man-cave to get my White River/Maroon Bells Wilderness topo map...and see probably hundreds of miles of wilderness trails where one can camp.

Since you've been to Maroon Bells, assuming the trailhead at the MB Lake TH, there are several campsites along the road in.  Reservations needed.  Indeed, reservations are needed at almost all of the campgrounds.

But anyway, thanks for giving me an excuse to post photos!

DSC02410.JPGDSC02440.JPGDSC02447.JPGDSC02499.JPGDSC02584.JPGDSC02597.JPGDSC02603-001.JPGDSC02619.JPGDSC02630cr.JPGDSC02645.JPGDSC02691.JPG

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes
Featured
Other boards in this category