cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrist support for my wrist that has never been quite the same after I fractured it a year ago

Anyone recommend a wrist brace that would be suitable while cycling, or cycling gloves with a good wrist  support?

0 Likes

Re: Wrist support for my wrist that has never been quite the same after I fractured it a year ago

Hi @Jjgbiker, Thanks for the great question! I don't know of any cycling gloves that are designed to help specifically with wrist conditions, but we often recommend grips like these: https://www.rei.com/product/884443/ergon-gp1-biokork-handlebar-grips to folks who are experiencing discomfort while riding. The extra bolster underneath the palm helps to support the hands and wrists in a more ergonomic way and evenly distribute pressure on the hand that can strain connective tissues.

For your wrist issues, I'd recommend speaking to a doctor or orthopedist who specializes in sports medicine and treating athletes and cyclists. They'll be able to direct you toward a solution that is tailor-fit to the specific issues causing you discomfort. With that information, your local REI Co-op can help you find the correct bike fit products to help!

I hope you find this information useful! Happy cycling!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Re: Wrist support for my wrist that has never been quite the same after I fractured it a year ago

I have the "Troy Lee Designs 5205 Wrist Supports" they come in left or right. They are awesome and helped me get back on the bike sooner and recover as well. 

Hey there! After an injury, you should definitely talk to a sports doctor specializing in orthopedics & hand injuries. The discomfort after an accident can be related to injury itself and may require additional treatments, PT .... you name it. Or it can be as simple as professional bike fitting and tiny tweaks on your position on the bike can make a huge difference. 

Happy and safe cycling! 

0 Likes