Highlighted

Which bike racks are compatible on a mountain bike with disc brakes?

I just purchased 2 Co-op DRT 1.1 bikes and am looking for a rack for them. Which racks do you recommend for this bike. I am looking at the topeak line up but don’t know if I have to choose between the basic or the one with Disc Mounts. Is the one with disc mounts the only option? Is there any other racks you would recommend?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Which bike racks are compatible on a mountain bike with disc brakes?

@Hugoaescobar Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct that the Topeak model you want to look for is the Topeak Explorer MTX Tubular Rack with Disc Mounts. It is designed to be wider to accommodate fitting around your disc brakes. Another option to consider is the Planet Bike Versa Rear Bike Rack, which will also fit around the brakes on your DRT 1.1. One of the main differences between these two racks is that the Topeak model is compatible with the Topeak MTX trunk bags.

Hopefully this helps, feel free to reach out with any other questions!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: Which bike racks are compatible on a mountain bike with disc brakes?

@Hugoaescobar Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct that the Topeak model you want to look for is the Topeak Explorer MTX Tubular Rack with Disc Mounts. It is designed to be wider to accommodate fitting around your disc brakes. Another option to consider is the Planet Bike Versa Rear Bike Rack, which will also fit around the brakes on your DRT 1.1. One of the main differences between these two racks is that the Topeak model is compatible with the Topeak MTX trunk bags.

Hopefully this helps, feel free to reach out with any other questions!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured