Highlighted

What is the best way to learn about all of the features and functionality on my new Co op DRT 3.2?

Looking for a video that explains exactly how to best ride/use the gears, full suspension, seat drop on my new bike.  Picked it up yesterday, and due to COVID it was wheeled out to me with no explanation.  

Highlighted

Re: What is the best way to learn about all of the features and functionality on my new Co op DRT 3.

@kerry-alers Thanks for reaching out!

While we don't have an instructional video for the Co-op Cycles DRT 3.2, we do have some staff who are very knowledgeable. We're working on tracking down the answers you are looking for. We appreciate your patience in advance!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

Re: What is the best way to learn about all of the features and functionality on my new Co op DRT 3.

Hello @kerry-alers first congrats on the new bike! Is it your first full-suspension? 

I'll start with some general information, but please feel free to ask any other questions as you need. Another option is to call into your REI store. If they are currently open for in-store shopping, you can ask for their shop, and they may be able to set up an appointment if you'd like additional demonstrations or to have your suspension adjusted.

-Your new 3.2 has both an air fork (front suspension) and rear shock. These should be set up based on your weight (including kit; so your hydration pack, helmet, anything else you ride with)- this set up is called a "sag adjustment" and will allow the suspension to work optimally as you ride rough terrain. Setting up the suspension requires a specialized shock pump (different from a tire pump) like this one here 

When seated on your new bike, the right hand side of your fork should have a blue dial, which will allow you to lock out the fork on easy terrain (which improves power transfer and efficiency) or to open it up when you need all 120mm of travel on rough terrain. 

-For controls:

Your left hand bar has your front brake lever, as well as your dropper post lever. To activate your dropper post and lower your center of gravity, simply push the lever and the weight of you sitting on your saddle will lower it. To reset your saddle to your the pedaling position, stand on your pedals to un-weight your seat and push the same left lever again. 

Your right hand bar has your rear brake, and also your rear shifter, which will allow you to cycle through gears. I recommend heading out to a nice grassy area and just playing around with shifting, dropper post, and brakes while you pedal to get a feel for the controls. 

Hope this helps get you started, 

Jim 

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Hi,

I am enjoying my CO Op 3.2 bike.  I am wondering what the lever on the left handlebar is for.  The lever says NUVO.  It is near the drop seat lever. Thanks,

Kerry Alers

0 Likes
Highlighted

@kerry-alers 

We're glad to hear you are enjoying your new bike! Is there any chance you could post a picture of the part you are wondering about? That may help us narrow it down. Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members