Highlighted

What bike is best for me?

Morning!

I am an avid runner, but am thinking about adding in biking to my workouts to help crosstrain and limit injuries (which I tend to get a lot). I primarily want to ride on biking trails - have no desire to commute in traffic with my bike or ride through steep mountains! As I am fairly new to the biking world - I wanted some advice on a bike that would best fit my needs!

Thanks and looking forward to your response!

Alicia

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What bike is best for me?

Hey there @skibabbles!

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!  Exciting that you are considering supplementing your running with cycling.

First, I'd recommend taking a look at this great expert advice article on How to Choose a Hybrid Bike, which is the style that I think will best suite your needs.  This will help you better identify what features are a priority for you. In addition, while many of our stores remain closed for in-store shopping, be sure to check out our Bike Fitting Basics article to get the right fit!

Lastly, here are a few of my favorite hybrid bikes.  The REI Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1, the Cannondale Althea, and the Cannondale Quick 3, are all great bikes to consider!  With that being said, there are plenty of other hybrid bikes to browse on our website.

Hope this gets you moving in the right direction!  If you have any other follow up questions, do not hesitate to reach out.     

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured
Top liked members