What are my options for bike pedals and clips?

I recently lost my right foot, and have a prosthesis. I am switching from my bent to my wife's 3 wheel bent. What I found is my foot will not stay on the pedal. I have some bike shoes for a long time ago that are still good, but they don't have clips, and I don't know what they take. there is a place for them. Then I will need pedals to go with them. I can send a photo of the bottom of the show with the plate removed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What are my options for bike pedals and clips?

@crmarks4 Thanks for reaching out and thanks for the photo of your shoe. That makes it much easier to narrow down the correct pedals for you.

The kind of clips that work with the shoe you have are called SPD clips. They work with a broad array of SPD pedals. If you're new to 'clipless' pedals (these are referred to as 'clipless' because they lack a 'toe clip', even though you technically clip in with them), we recommend going with a pedal like the Shimano PD-T421 Click'R SPD pedals or the Shimano M324 SPD Pedals, which will also allow you to flip the pedal over and pedal without the clips if you choose. That may be a good idea for your left foot, until you're used to clipping in and out of the pedals. Both of these pedal options come with the cleats needed to attach your shoe to the pedal. The only other item you may need would be a pedal wrench to remove your old pedals and install these.

Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured