Highlighted

Through axle on Co-op Adv 1.1

Hello

I purchased a new REI Co-op ADV 1.1 today.  Please tell me how to remove and replace the front and rear wheels?  I have experience with quick releases but not with the through axle on the adv 1.1.  I don't see any levers.  

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Through axle on Co-op Adv 1.1

@HankG Thanks for reaching out!

While some through axles do have a quick release lever, some do not and require a hex wrench to remove. They are referred to as a 'bolt' through axle and you simply need to unscrew the through axle using the correct size hex wrench. 

Hope this helps. If you have further questions or need more guidance, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@HankG Thanks for reaching out!

While some through axles do have a quick release lever, some do not and require a hex wrench to remove. They are referred to as a 'bolt' through axle and you simply need to unscrew the through axle using the correct size hex wrench. 

Hope this helps. If you have further questions or need more guidance, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you John.  It is indeed a bolt through axle.  I’ll figure out what size Allen key and keep it handy in case I flat.  

Featured