Highlighted

The Right Bike Rack for a Yepp Nexxt Maxi

I have a Yepp Nexxt Maxi (rack-mount version) on order.  And I'm trying to find a rack that will work with it.  One of the REI bike dept folks said that the Topeak Explorer won't work -- that it's specifically not rated for child seats.  They suggested a Surly or Axiom -- but wow, those get expensive quickly.

Would the Topeak BabySeat II rack work?  Is there a definitive list of racks that will work?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: The Right Bike Rack for a Yepp Nexxt Maxi

Hey @editcandy Great question regarding the Thule Yepp Nexxt Maxi! We've reached out to Thule to verify which rack models will be compatible with your Yepp child carrier. As soon as we hear back from Thule we'll reply again!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Did y’all find an answer for this? I’m very curious!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Priorities Thanks for the question!

Please look below to see the response that @REI-JohnnyB got from Thule. Thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @editcandy,

Thule does not have a definitive list, but they recommend using any rear bike rack which conforms to an ISO 11243 certification and can hold a min of 25kg (approx. 55lbs). The Topeak Babyseat II rack does meet that certification and can hold up to 60lbs. Unfortunately, REI does not have any of the Babyseat II in stock, but you could reach out to Topeak.com and order through them! Thanks again for your question and have fun out there with your child carrier!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Thanks so much for looking into it and getting some answers.

Now all I have to do is cross my fingers that the Yepp backorder goes through!

Featured