Highlighted

Seeking recommendations for an e-bike

Ebike for wife. She rides to the beach round trip 15-20 miles. A combination of road and 31/2 mile of paved bike trail. The ride is slightly uphill coming back and is just too much work. Second ride to our sons. 1 1/2 miles slightly uphill on a wide dirt path. Considering, Ghost B1.8 and 5.8. Also the cannondale Tesoro Neo X 3. I like the Ghost but not the external battery look.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Seeking recommendations for an e-bike

Hey there @Wfkane!

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!  Electric bikes are certainly increasing in popularity!

In terms of what your wife is looking for, I would consider one of the Electra E-bikes! They have the look and comfort of a beach cruiser but the power of an e-bike!

Both the Ghosts and the Cannondale would be another great pick! I can appreciate the sleek look and design of the Cannondale Tesoro Neo X! Based off the riding considerations you mentioned, it will perform nicely with its 29” tires and front shock. 

I’d encourage you to take a look at this great expert advice article about 
How to Choose an E-bike as you continue to make your decision!

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-AlyS Do Electra ebikes come with suspension. I’m / she is concerned she’ll need suspension on the 1 1/2 mile dirt path to our sons home.

0 Likes

@Wfkane 

Thanks for the follow up! While the Electra bikes I recommended do not have suspension, there are plenty of electric bikes that do. Check out these models of available E-bikes with suspension!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured