Highlighted

Road bike for beginner

Hey folks.

I have a fixie pure bike for years that I brought back from my Stanford days and now in Maryland and recently joined a cycling group(casual riders -all of us are dads) and all the guys have a 16 to 20gear road and hybrid bikes. I'm struggling on the hills to keep up with the crew. Ive budgeted for 1k for a geared bike. What suggestions do the riders have(brands, gears)? Any other recs the riders that were once in my boat have would be highly appreciated.   

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Road bike for beginner

Hey there @Lussu!

Thanks for starting this conversation here in the Community!

I wanted to start by sharing this expert advice article on how to choose a road bike. There is a lot of great information found there that can help you begin to understand exactly what features might be the greatest priority for you.

I would take a look at one of our Co-op CTY bikes. Here is the CTY 1.2 bike.  What I appreciate about this bike is that it will help you pick up your pace but is still comfortable enough for casual riding.

Another option would be the Salsa Journeyman 650! These bikes are built for a variety of terrain giving you confidence regardless of where you might venture.

There are several options provided by Cannondale as well!  Their Synapse bikes and quick series are really great! You can browse Cannondale options here.

Hope this info proves helpful and I’m sure some of our other users would love to chime in!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Featured