Highlighted

Riser for kids handlebars

Hello,

My son has a CO-OP bike and we need to raise his handle bars. From internet research, it looks like we have to purchase a "riser". Is this correct, if so does REI sell them?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Riser for kids handlebars

Howdy @nbuckley !

There are a couple ways to adjust the fit of the bike depending on what you're looking to accomplish. The stem riser you refer to is likely the Delta Cycle Alloy Stem Raiser . There are some sizing considerations to explore/confirm and the potential that you'll need to lengthen the cables/housing.  We've used it successfully with many customer bicycles to achieve a more upright riding position. For consideration, you could also explore putting on a shorter stem or a step with a higher angle. In my experience this riser is a little more upright that a stem swap. Thanks for reaching out with your bike questions! Happy Trails!

In service,

Jason O.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the REV 12 and REV16 bikes for two of my kids. Both of these bikes dont have any cables/housing. Should the installation be straight forward? If so, can we still adjust using the stem or is it just an extension and we can't leverage to go up/down? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@christophertaekim Thanks for reaching out!

This item should work just fine for your bikes. You'll want to look at the REV12 and make sure the current stem is the same size as your REV16. It should be, but you'll want to confirm. If so, then you should be okay there as well. This riser does allow you to adjust the height of your handlebars.

Lastly, you'll need a longer 5mm hex wrench to install.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Does the REI bike shop in Seattle or Lynnwood install this part if you buy it at REI? If so, about how much? And, if not, is this an easy install?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@mesleeper yes, our bikes shops can install this part for you. You'll want to call whichever shop you're interested in working with and inquire about pricing and scheduling!

0 Likes