Highlighted

Recommendations for Handlebar Packs

Dear REI friends and bikers,

I was looking for some recommendations for handlebar packs for bikepacking and biketouring. I have heard good things from both the Ortlieb Handlebar-Pack 15L and the Revelate Designs Sweetroll Medium Handlebar Bag (14L). I would love to listen to your advice and learn from your experience!

Oh, quick fact, my bike is small (50 cm frame) and has drop bars.

Thanks a ton, and happy riding!

Irene

0 Likes

Re: Recommendations for Handlebar Packs

Hello @Irene!

Thanks for reaching out!

To start, both of the bags you are considering are great bags, tested on many miles of trail and road cycling. I have personally used the Revelate Designs Sweetroll Medium Handlebar Bag and can speak to its durability and performance. It has stood up to the rigors of Alaskan Bikepacking on several trips. What I appreciate about the sweetroll is how secure and stable it is on my handlebars. I have also used the Salsa Anything Cradle, which is a bit more of a rigid system that holds your bag away from your handlebars, allowing more room for your cables. The drawback to that system is that the weight of your gear is held out in front of your handlebars, which can impact steering.

I've been on trips with folks who are using Ortlieb gear (not the handlebar bag, but the seatbag and panniers) and it has held up great as well.

Hopefully this helps a little bit, thanks!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured
Top liked members