Highlighted

Recommendations for a cooler on my bicycle

I am looking for a cooler (for one day beach trips with 6-8 cans capacity), which could be mounted somewhere on the bicycle (on a rear rack, frame or handlebar). Maybe somebody could advise some ideas, possibilities? Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Recommendations for a cooler on my bicycle

@Tomas321 Thanks for reaching out!

We have a couple of suggestions for coolers that could be made to work on your bike. We recommend a soft sided cooler, as that will give you some more flexible options, they tend to come in smaller sizes, and they will reduce the weight you're carrying on your bicycle. Here are a couple to look at:

• REI Co-op Pack-Away 6 Soft Cooler. It has an adjustable design, which can be a 'cube' when full for strapping to the top of a rear rack of a bike, and then flattened to store in a pannier or elsewhere. It also has straps sewn into the side that are handy when attaching it to your bike.
  • Yeti Hopper Flip 8 Soft Cooler. This cooler won't adjust or flatten, but has the straps on the sides to use to attach to your bike and gives you a little bit more volume inside.

Another option that you could take a look at is the IceMule Classic Cooler, which is pretty big for a bike but could pack down and work if you didn't fill it all the way.

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Tomas321 although not an item we sell at REI, this bike-specific carrier is another way you could carry different containers while on your bike!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

HA!  I love that idea! 

I also like the fact that you are willing to make recommendations of products you don't carry, just because they are appropriate for the person asking.  That validates (to me at least) that REI cares about their community and isn't using this platform as a just a sales tool.

Featured