Presta Tire Valves and pump availability.

Is the Paramus NJ store open?  I purchased a mountain bike from you and I need to purchase a new air pump to fill the tires. 

Also, do they have replacement Presta tire valve stems? 
0 Likes
Highlighted

Presta Tire Valves and pump availability.

@MountainBiker1111111 

The Paramus NJ store is open for curbside pickup only at this time. You can purchase the items you need and choose store pickup as your option when checking out. In terms of the presta valve stems, that might be something you will need to connect with the bike shop about as it does not look like we have any available to purchase on REI.com, unless you're looking for a tubeless presta valve stem

Hope this helps!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Presta Tire Valves and pump availability.

To quote Dana Carvey here "Not gonna do it."  $150 for a bike pump at this point is not in the cards. 

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted

@MountainBiker1111111 Thanks for getting back to us!

Unfortunately, it looks like our inventory levels on floor pumps got really low there for a while. It does appear that our distribution centers are stocked now, which is why we have many options available online, but not in stores at the moment. Hopefully some of those will be rolling out to stores soon. 

If you wanted, you could always go with a pump like the crankbrothers Gem Bike Floor Pump, which qualifies for free shipping at $50, and have it shipped to your home. There are several options right around that price point as well, you may just have to throw in an energy bar or a water bottle to qualify for free shipping.

Were you able to track down some valve stems?

Hopefully this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@REI-JohnJ  Don't need the valve stems, the tire isn't leaking from the bent valve stem.  You guys make a heck of a bike. 

This things is fun to ride.  I haven't mountain biked in 20 years. 

I'll take a look at the selection of pumps online.  I'll order one eventually, the pump I have will suffice for now. 

I need to get some elbow and knee pads I'm over 40 I don't bounce like a younger man when I hit the ground anymore. 

Highlighted

@MountainBiker1111111 

I'll pass your appreciation of your bike on to our Co-op Cycles team, they'll love to hear it!

As I approach 40, I am finding that although I appear to be getting softer, my falls are not!

Featured
Top liked members