Highlighted

Missing components for new REI bike

Anyone run into the issue of buying a bike from REI only to have it arrive upside down in the box, no parts box, no manual, no instructions, and unsure if anything else is missing? We’re you told it was YOUR responsibility to contact the Cycling Help e-mail to resolve their screw-up? This was my experience after spending $1090 on a new bike for my son...and REI has placed the burden on me to make it right. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Missing components for new REI bike

@Backpackernw we're so sorry to hear about the way in which we shipped your new bike to you. There are a few ways we can try to help:

• It sounds like you were already provided our cyclinghelp@rei.com email address - although it does mean you'll need to initiate contact with us, our team of bike techs are in the best position to help with the technical needs of a new bike purchase.
  • You can call or stop by your local REI bike shop (almost all of our stores have reopened) and have our bike techs at the store look over your bike and identify if anything is missing/needed.

Again, we apologize for how your bike arrived and hope you'll give our team of bike techs the opportunity to make it right.

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Featured