Highlighted

Looking for a Cannondale bike for a heavy rider

I have a health subsidy from my employer to spend on any health related product.  I would like to use it to purchase a hybrid bike.  The one that is right in the sweet spot of my price range is the Cannondale Bad Boy 3.  

However, I noticed l that it's got only one fork leg in the front.  I'm about 330 lbs.  Would this be a good choice for me?  I'm a little worried about the fork.

Thanks,
Lorne

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Looking for a Cannondale bike for a heavy rider

@nt3gr8r 

Great to meet you, Lorne!

What a cool opportunity provided by your employer! The Cannondale Bad Boy 3 is a really fun bike; great choice on your part. We dug into the specs for it and we found some information for you:

The maximum weight limit of a rider and gear for the Cannondale Bad Boy line of bikes is 330 lbs. 

It looks like you're good to go, we hope you enjoy your new bike! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.

John it looks like the Bad Boy 3 is out of stock + I'm not sure about that lefty rigid fork. any other suggestions for a hybrid bike for 330-340lbs capacity?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@TripleSingh Thanks for reaching out!

Here are a couple of options that a close to what you're looking for:

• Cannondale Quick 2 Bike. Per the Cannondale specs here, this bike has a maximum weight limit of 330 lbs (page 55, for reference).
  • Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar Claris 650 Bike/700 Bike. Depending on your wheel preference, either one of these bikes would work, however, they are only available to ship within 30 days at this time. Per the Salsa website FAQs: Is there a rider weight limit on your frames? No, but we do suggest that you use common sense. After all, your frame is an important part of keeping your body intact and in good working order. Think about what you weigh, think about your riding style and where you ride, then look at frame offerings before you and decide what makes the most sense in the long term.

Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Featured