Highlighted

Kuat NV 2.0 Allowable Wheelbase

I was looking at the Kuat NV 2.0 and 2.0 base and noticed that the allowable wheelbase for both racks is 48".  How strict is that on exactly 48", or is it as long as the bike is below 49"?  I ask because I ride an XL bike that is around 48.2 and looking towards the future the full suspension bikes for my size are about 48.8".

I know the Thule 2T Pro XT rack has an allowable wheelbase of 49" but the fact that you can't have a lockable hitch pin puts me off as well as the reviews I have read.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Kuat NV 2.0 Allowable Wheelbase

Hi there @Blinky802!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!  

According to the Kuat  website, it looks like the NV 2.0 should accommodate up to a 50” wheelbase. If this differs from our online description of the product, we will work on getting this fixed!

It does look like the Base 2.0 is 48” max.

Hope this answers your question!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there @Blinky802!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community!  

According to the Kuat  website, it looks like the NV 2.0 should accommodate up to a 50” wheelbase. If this differs from our online description of the product, we will work on getting this fixed!

It does look like the Base 2.0 is 48” max.

Hope this answers your question!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Aly,

Thank you for the feedback.  You are correct, on the regular NV 2.0 page it says 50" and on the Base 2.0 page, it says it is the exact same as the regular except for the color and the trail doc.  But when going to the hitch rack comparison page, it shows the regular and base in the same column with a max wheelbase of 48".  It looks like Kuat may have a discrepancy on their page.

0 Likes
Featured