Highlighted

Front Derailleur on my new bike

I just recently bought a Cannondale Trail 6 from REI and after putting it together I was able to get a few rides in without any problems. But now my front gear set won't shift into third gear. I called REI to see if they could do anything but since all the stores are closed there was nobody that could help. I found an article on the expert advice page explaining how to adjust the derailleur, so I gave that a go. I have not been able to fix the problem. I am now in possession of a brand new bike that won't shift properly and no way to bring it REI to fix the problem. I really need some help and while I am trying to be understanding of the situation I am feeling frustrated with the situation.

The article I tried to follow can be found here:

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/front-derailleur.html

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Front Derailleur on my new bike

@kyle thanks for reaching out - sorry to hear that you're having issues with your front derailleur on your new bike. Your best next step is to email our bike technicians at cyclinghelp@rei.com - you can certainly just paste what you describe above in your email - and then expect to hear from them within a few days with help over email or over the phone. Hopefully we'll have you back on your bike shortly!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Front Derailleur on my new bike

Good evening Kyle, 

I have a link here on park tool's youtube video on the topic.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNG7g83lI-s&list=PLGCTGpvdT04TlNwuGy2pd_y8wt-oLfuij&index=4There are very detailed on how to properly adjust your front derailleur. I know this lockdown is easing off as time goes on. You may be able to visit an brick and mortar REI by now. Hope it helps. I know the woes of a poor shifting front derailleur my self. Take care. 

The majority of front shifting problems can be solved with basic adjustments to the limit screws and index setting of the front derailleur system. In this vi...
Featured