Highlighted

Co-op DRT 1.2 bike Kickstand?

I purchased this bike last week and wanted to put a kickstand on this but the two that I tried did not fit the bike . ......  I love the bike and great ride.   What kickstand can I purchase through REI to put on this bike???  Again thank you REI for your great products and service and glad you are open again!!

Pat McClaughry 

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Co-op DRT 1.2 bike Kickstand?

Hey there @pastymon!

Glad to hear you are loving your new bike!  The DRT 1.2 requires a kickstand that mounts on the rear triangle of the bike's frame.  Many bike shops use one like this Sunlite kickstand.  While it is not available on REI.com, I would suggest contacting your local REI bike shop, as they might have it on hand!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and happy trails!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

@pastymon 

Hello and welcome! I wanted to call out to you that @HaveKidsWillTravel had the same question about her DRT 1.2 and I thought you might enjoy reading the conversation thread, DRT 1.2 and Thule Yepp Rack

Thank you for joining our community!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@pastymon 

Hi!

Great bike choice! Hehe 

but uh... There seems to not be a single kickstand on the market that installs ON the bike that will work. 
the ones recommended here don’t work. Promise. 
that frame piece you’re trying to attach a kickstand too is 1 5/8” thick... no dice. 

a local bike shop finally told that one they had a bike in the shop with a “telescoping stick” and that’s all he could remember. BUT!! FINALLY!!! 

check out the click-stand. http://www.click-stand.com/

the reviews are awesome. I just ordered mine after taking my bike to 3 local shops (one of which was REI, who was awesome and I actually think I kind of bummed them out that they couldn’t help me on this lol)... 

I also like that this is the safest option too. Since it doesn’t compromise my ride when on a trail. 

I also saw a little stand/prop that holds your pedal to act as a kickstand but I didn’t like this option as much. I can find it again you’re interested. 

good luck!!

Highlighted

Hey there @pastymon!

Glad to hear you are loving your new bike!  The DRT 1.2 requires a kickstand that mounts on the rear triangle of the bike's frame.  Many bike shops use one like this Sunlite kickstand.  While it is not available on REI.com, I would suggest contacting your local REI bike shop, as they might have it on hand!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and happy trails!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
Highlighted

Thank you Aly for your suggestions

0 Likes
Highlighted

@pastymon 

Hello and welcome! I wanted to call out to you that @HaveKidsWillTravel had the same question about her DRT 1.2 and I thought you might enjoy reading the conversation thread, DRT 1.2 and Thule Yepp Rack

Thank you for joining our community!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
Highlighted

@pastymon 

Hi!

Great bike choice! Hehe 

but uh... There seems to not be a single kickstand on the market that installs ON the bike that will work. 
the ones recommended here don’t work. Promise. 
that frame piece you’re trying to attach a kickstand too is 1 5/8” thick... no dice. 

a local bike shop finally told that one they had a bike in the shop with a “telescoping stick” and that’s all he could remember. BUT!! FINALLY!!! 

check out the click-stand. http://www.click-stand.com/

the reviews are awesome. I just ordered mine after taking my bike to 3 local shops (one of which was REI, who was awesome and I actually think I kind of bummed them out that they couldn’t help me on this lol)... 

I also like that this is the safest option too. Since it doesn’t compromise my ride when on a trail. 

I also saw a little stand/prop that holds your pedal to act as a kickstand but I didn’t like this option as much. I can find it again you’re interested. 

good luck!!

Featured
Top liked members